Your projects demand precision quality. Each component must deliver top-notch performance to ensure the success of your operations. For this to happen, each part must be made of quality materials. It’s essential that your metal machine shop in Louviers, CO use the only the best.
At Focused on Machining, that’s precisely what we do. Following is a quick guide to the materials we work with to produce excellent results for our customers.
- 4130 Chromium-Molybdenum Steel Bars and Plates: This versatile alloy offers good mechanical properties, excellent wear and abrasion resistance. It also provides greater weldability than other alloys. It is a useful and widely accepted alloy, present in hand tools, axles, gears, sprockets, fasteners, piston rods and well-head components.
- 4140/42/45/50 Chromium-Molybdenum Steel Bars and Plates: These oil-hardening steels offer high hardenability. They are widely used due to their wear resistance, toughness, ductility and stress resistance at high temperatures. They are particularly good for forging because of their self-scaling qualities.
- 4340 Nickel-Chromium-Molybdenum Steel Bars and Plates: This is the best steel for parts that operate under sever conditions or that require a high margin of safety. It offers high hardenability, maintains strength and ductility at high temperatures and has great non-distorting properties.
- 2024 Aluminum: This metal offers a good strength-to-weight ratio. Its fatigue resistance and strength make it a top choice. It can be machined to a high finish. This aluminum is often used for truck wheels, transportation parts and aircraft fittings.
- 6061 Aluminum: This grade of aluminum can be welded by all methods as well as furnace brazed. It offers corrosion resistance and versatility. It is frequently used for structural components, truck bodies and screw machine parts.
- 7075 Aluminum: Offering an excellent strength-to-weight ratio, this metal is perfect for parts that experience high stress. It is good for spot or flash welding projects. It is often used when the greatest strength is needed.
Cold Finish Carbon Bars and Cold Rolled Strip
- 1018 Cold Finished Bars: This steel is better than other choices for carburized parts. It offers good machining characteristics and top mechanical properties. Its characteristics make it suitable for parts that require high surface hardness and a soft core, such as worms, chain pins and dogs.
- 1117 Cold Finished Bars: This low-carbon, high-manganese steel offers quality mechanical properties. It also possesses desirable carburizing properties. These properties make it the metal best for ratchets, king pins, gears and pinions.
- 1141 Cold Finished Bars: These medium-carbon steels offer free machining properties and greater mechanical properties than other metals in their class. They are ideal for bolts, studs, pins, axles and machinery parts that need close finish tolerances.
Choose the Best
When you want the best materials for the best parts, partner with the pros. Focused on Machining is your go-to metal machine shop in Louviers, CO. We build the perfect custom pieces for our customers. Our experienced team gets your order right the first time and takes care of all post-machining processes and special deliveries. Contact us today to get started on your next project.
Categorised in: Metal Machine Shop